International Tank Service, Inc. takes great pride in their Quality Assurance / Quality Control program. ITS’s commitment to quality is demonstrated in all areas of their work. Quality is ensured from Engineering and design to fabrication and field construction through systematic monitoring and evaluation of all their processes. ITS strives to get things right the first time making their products immediately fit for service
International Tank Service only hires the most competent employees with top level of knowledge, skills, experience, and qualifications. All ITS employees possess high level of personnel integrity, confidence, motivation and team spirit which drive their high quality products and services.
ITS’s Quality Control Program includes:
- Review of all engineering calculations with drafting detailing prior to release of shop drawings.
- Mill tests of steel for chemistry, strength, and ductility. All steel used must conform to specified ASTM and design code standards.
- Weld procedure and welder qualification in accordance with API, AWWA, and ASME standards.
- Dimensional inspections of tank parts prior to erection.
- Tolerance inspection procedures for foundation and erection, to ensure compliance with applicable standards, customer requirements, and ITS acceptable tolerances.
- Visual inspection of weld quality as specified in tank codes.
- Radiographic weld inspection as specified in API or AWWA codes; other weld inspection as called by the customer, API 650 or AWWA codes, including vacuum testing, penetrant oil tests, hardness testing, etc.
- Additional testing as appropriate for other work. Break tests for concrete, film thickness and holiday testing for painting, pressure tests for piping, etc.
- Annual inspections and certification by Factory Mutual for quality control compliance.